Joy, the CEO and Co-Founder of Eunogo, has shared her secret skincare routine for achieving Korean dewy, glass skin. This is an updated version of the previous Korean Glass Skin regimen, featuring products used by Korean dermatology clinics. Discover the secrets to achieve dewy and luminous skin with these simple steps that allow you to create the Korean glass skin look in the comfort of your own home. From cleansing to applying SPF, we've got you covered!
This routine is highly suitable for those with sensitive skin, as it incorporates gentle, mild, yet effective skincare products and ingredients. Simply follow these steps every day for four weeks, and you will notice a visible difference in your skin!
You may watch the updated video of secret skincare routine for Korean dewy, glass skin here:
According to Joy, the most important condition for achieving Korean glass skin is having a healthy skin barrier. The skin barrier acts as the front line of defense against free radicals, pollution, and bacteria. If your skin barrier is compromised, you may experience dullness, itchiness, scaly skin, and a loss of skin elasticity. On the other hand, if your skin barrier is healthy, your skin will be well-hydrated, plump, and supple!
In the world of skincare ingredients, there are many excellent active ingredients that fight against signs of aging and promote skin plumpness, including retinol and vitamin C. However, if your skin barrier is compromised, these ingredients may not be effectively absorbed into your skin and could even lead to skin irritation. It's also important to avoid using products with artificial fragrances when your skin barrier is compromised.
Maintaining a healthy skin barrier is the first step towards achieving Korean glass skin!
Key ingredients to strengthen skin barrier:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA): HA possesses moisture-binding properties, which means it retains moisture in our skin, helping to plump the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while keeping our skin supple and well-hydrated.
- Glycerin: Glycerin acts as a moisturizing agent that prevents moisture from evaporating from the skin. While HA helps retain moisture within the skin, glycerin forms a barrier on the skin's surface.
- Panthenol: Panthenol is a fantastic ingredient for strengthening the skin barrier. In addition to binding moisture into our skin, it also seals any cracks.
- Ceramide: Another excellent skin barrier-strengthening ingredient, ceramide not only binds moisture to the skin but also prevents it from evaporating. Essentially, ceramide acts as a glue to keep our skin cells intact and healthy, repairing damaged skin barriers and increasing the skin's moisture level.
- Allantoin: Allantoin, found in chamomile plants, is used to treat inflammation, itchiness, and dull skin. It's a great ingredient for repairing a weakened skin barrier.
- Beta-glucan: While slightly less well-known compared to HA, beta-glucan is an excellent ingredient that offers skin moisturization and hydration properties, along with strengthening the skin barrier.
- Natural plant-based oil: This oil possesses antibacterial properties and is anti-inflammatory. It also helps repair the skin barrier and prevents moisture loss from the skin.
Steps to achieve Korean Glass Skin:
Step 1: Cleansing
Most skin clinics use cleansing milk because it effectively cleanses your skin while simultaneously preserving the skin's moisture barrier and balancing the natural oils and water levels. Team Eunogo highly recommends the De:maf All Day Glow Creamy Milk Cleanser, which contains 64% broccoli extract known for its skin-calming and nourishing properties. Importantly, it includes key ingredients like panthenol to provide moisture and strengthen the skin barrier.
Step 2: Toner
Here's a tip for those with dry or dehydrated skin: we recommend not towel-drying your skin. Instead, apply toner directly to your wet face after cleansing. This process helps to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated.
Team Eunogo recommends the De:maf Here-Oh My First Serum a.k.a Bubble Toner, which contains two main ingredients for strengthening the skin barrier: HA and natural oil. This combination helps achieve dewy and supple skin. You can also layer the toner, especially if you have very dry or dehydrated skin.
Step 3. Lip Care
Team Eunogo recommends the XOUL Ever Moist Lip Balm to keep your lips glowing and hydrated.
Step 4: Ampoule
We highly recommend the De:maf Panthenol 30% Wonder Drops Ampoule. Panthenol is the main ingredient in this ampoule, which helps with skin hydration, elasticity, and the soothing of redness and inflammation. If your skin barrier is compromised, this ampoule is one of the products that can quickly repair your skin barrier.
Step 5: Cream
Cream acts as a shield, locking in all the moisture goodness you applied in the previous steps! De:maf Creams Come True contains 66% broccoli extract, great for soothing and calming. It also includes 8% plant-based squalene, known for increasing hydration and helping with acne and eczema. Additionally, this cream contains glycerin, which was previously mentioned as a key ingredient for strengthening the skin barrier.
Step 6: Sunscreen (for daytime skincare only)
The Rovectin Anti-irritant UV Defense Tinted SPF50+ PA++++ is a 100% mineral sunscreen, safe for pregnant women and individuals with sensitive skin. This sunscreen is also slightly tinted, adjusting to your natural skin tone, so you can achieve a tone-up look effect without applying makeup.
Shop more Eunogo Shop skincare here.
Follow Eunogo Shop's Instagram account @eunogoshop.
Follow Eunogo Shop's TikTok Account @eunogoshop.
Subscribe to Eunogo's YouTube channel here