As you may have read in our Collagen For Skin: All You Need To Know journal, as we age, our body naturally loses collagen on a gradual basis, and your lips are one of the fastest to lose volume. What’s worse, because the skin on your lips is thinner than on the rest of your face and does not contain any oil glands, the volume loss and dehydrated look can appear quickly and dramatically.
Loss of lip volume can age a face, especially when it shows up as “feathering” around the lip edges. It can also cause your lips to lose their distinct shape or borders. When this happens, wearing lipstick or gloss also adds attention to your feathered lips. Overall, Team Eunogo believes your lip area is important to maintain a healthy, youthful look.
Any tips for reducing signs of premature aging on my lips?
Absolutely. There are several recommendations you can start doing today.
- Drink Water! This may sound super simple but staying well-hydrated is the most basic step to keeping all your body’s tissues healthy, not just your lips.
- Collagen Supplements can help. As mentioned above, because your body is naturally losing collagen once you’re over the age of 25, a good diet-supplementing collagen is boss. We love Innersil Collagen Shot, 20ml of delicious tropical fruit flavor and 100% of your daily value of Collagen Peptides, Zinc, Biotin, Vitamin B6 and Niacine, to keep your lip volume at healthy levels.
- Stop Using Straws. Yes, every time you keep your lips pursed to drink from a straw, you are causing more creasing and possible wrinkling around your mouth area. This goes without saying, but if you are a smoker, you are pursing your lips for prolonged periods multiple times a day. Please drop the habit. Not only is it great for your overall health, but it will benefit your skin’s appearance and your lips will thank you.
- Exfoliate. Because lips are sensitive we do not recommend a heavy exfoliant, but if you have a makeup remover on hand like the OxygenCeuticals Double Makeup Remover made with natural oils and extracts, you can pair it with a cotton pad and gently exfoliate that pout!
- Active Ingredients. Use a volumizing and hydrating lip balm with active ingredients that target the issue and help fill in any existing age related lines and maintain youthful lip appearance.
What product does Team Eunogo Recommend?
We are happy to announce that an old customer favorite that sold out in 2022 is coming back to eunogoshop.com! XOUL's Ever Moist Lip Balm is the world's first stem cell culture fluid lip balm that addresses anti-aging, hydration, and plumping all in one. Ever Moist Lip Balm is made by a company that specializes in stem cell technology and active ingredients include stem cell extract, spearmint leaf oil, jojoba oil, and Volufiline, a French ingredient that is commonly used in lip fillers.
Twice more than regular lip balm (4g > 8g)
Please note that usually lip products that promise to “plump” your lips contain ingredients that irritate your lips and make them tingly so you feel like your lips are more “plump” when they’re just swollen from irritation. Volufiline is an all-natural combination of biochemicals that enhances the appearance of skin and encourages collagen development. XOUL Ever Moist Lip Balm also aims to help rejuvenate your lip health and appearance.
Moreover, while it has no artificial fragrances added, upon application and once you add some body heat to it, you will notice a temporary cooling sensation for about 2 to 3 minutes from one of the ingredients, spearmint leaf extract, which gives a refreshing sensation and aids the plumping effect.
How Should I Use This Product?
We love the texture of Ever Moist Lip Balm for daytime, which is more “sherbet-like” and it appears glossy and shiny when applied to the lips. You can apply as many times as you’d like throughout the day and enjoy the hydration. Team Eunogo also uses the XOUL lip balm as a night time sleeping mask so we can wake up to a smoother, denser lip volume in the morning!
In fact, one of our team members liked it so much that she invested in a second pot of XOUL to keep in her purse for daytime so she can keep the first pot by her bedside to use overnight as a sleeping mask. If you are keen to use this as a lip sleeping mask, feel free to layer 2-3 times before going to sleep for maximum results. Your pout will thank you in the morning and stay hydrated as you continue using the Ever Moist Lip Balm during the day. Apart from using Ever Moist Lip Balm on lips, you can also use it for general purposes on dry areas that are easily cracked. Win-win!
Before and After using XOUL Ever Moist Lip Balm
Widely used by consumers around the world
Shop more Eunogo skincare here.
Follow Eunogo's skincare Instagram account @eunogoshop.
Follow Eunogo Shop's TikTok account @eunogoshop.
Subscribe to Eunogo's YouTube channel here.