One of the most commonly asked questions is, "Do you really need an eye cream?" One might wonder if using an eye cream is necessary or simply a nice-to-have. Team Eunogo is here to breakdown the importance of eye care to maintain a healthy and youthful appearance.
First of all, the skin surrounding your eyes is thinner and tends to display signs of aging more rapidly than other areas of your face. This makes it more vulnerable to sensitivity and allergic reactions compared to the rest of your facial skin. When you make facial expressions, such as squinting, smiling, or widening your eyes in surprise, you engage the muscles around your eyes. Over time, factors like dryness, decreased collagen, and reduced elasticity contribute to the development of fine lines near your eyes, commonly referred to as "crow's feet."
Smoking and exposure to the sun's harmful UV rays can also play a role in wrinkle formation. Integrating an eye cream into your daily skincare routine can effectively reduce the visibility of these wrinkles while addressing other skin concerns such as dryness, puffiness, dark circles, and pigmentation. Even if you wear a face mask, the area around the eyes is not covered, so it's important to always apply sunscreen around the eyes as the skin in this area is exposed and vulnerable to UV rays!
Key ingredients to look out for in an eye care product:
- Amino Acid. Amino acids draw moisture to the skin, serving as natural moisturizing factors that enhance moisture retention.
- Collagen. Collagen also attracts moisture to the skin and effectively addresses periocular wrinkles.
- Peptide. Peptides aid in collagen synthesis, neurotransmission, and cell function facilitation. They serve various purposes for the skin, including skin regeneration and collagen synthesis. Unlike amino acids, peptides offer multiple functions beyond moisture retention.
- Retinol and Retinal. These ingredients promote skin regeneration and stimulate collagen production, making retinol effective for treating fine wrinkles.
- Antioxidant. Antioxidants come in various types, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and numerous polyphenols. Their role is crucial in countering the effects of oxidation caused by UV rays and external factors on the skin. Periocular skin, being thin, is particularly susceptible to oxidative damage. By controlling oxidation reactions, antioxidants can help prevent skin damage.
- Moisturizing and Sealing Effects. Ingredients like ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids play a vital role in enhancing the skin's barrier function. Squalene is effective at forming a non-greasy, occlusive barrier that prevents moisture from evaporating. These ingredients create a thin, protective layer that retains moisture without feeling heavy.
- CICA. CICA is known for its ability to promote wound healing, regenerate skin, and soothe damaged and irritated skin.
By incorporating these key ingredients into your skincare routine, you can effectively address the unique needs of the delicate skin around your eyes, maintaining its health and youthful appearance.
Eunogo Shop's Picks
Renew-Derm AT Cream can be used as a face cream & eye cream.
Shop more Eunogo Shop skincare here.
Shop Eunogo Shop Eye Care collection here.
Follow Eunogo Shop's Instagram account @eunogoshop.
Follow Eunogo Shop's TikTok Account @eunogoshop.
Subscribe to Eunogo's YouTube channel here